Remember those exercises where they give you the task for choosing a word for the year? Usually folks pick words like “courage”, “visibility”, or “success”.
There really isn’t much left to say about 2020. We’re all out here living it. Trying to maintain our mental health through the never ending news cycle while we’re stuck at home with our kids just white-knuckling it through each day as it comes.
2020 has been so next-level chaotic that it can be hard to keep up. I think it’s safe to say that anyone who bitched about the trash fire that 2019 was is wishing to go back to get a little vacation. 2020 is a disaster and then some, and the craziest part is that 6 months in, it has been simultaneously the longest and shortest year ever. Pure magic, but all fear and no fun.
15 Tweets About How We Want to Talk to 2020’s Manager
1. Just a quick recap…
In 2020, we’ve had:
– WW3 scares
– Kobe & Gigi’s death
– Australia burning
– A worldwide pandemic
– All sporting events cancelled
– Confirmed UFO sightings
– Murder Hornets
– Parallel Universe
– Riots across the US
– Anonymous returned
– And now #Ebola is back??
It’s only June. pic.twitter.com/40jhXWmCAw
— ethan (@ethanvseveryone) June 1, 2020
2. Our collective coping strategy has been pretty hilarious, not gonna lie.
Kid: what was 2020 like?
Me, an old woman: *takes out the book of memes*
— Marcy G (@BunAndLeggings) June 4, 2020
3. And the news cycle has been a clusterfuck of doom.
News: There is an asteroid hurtling towards earth.
Me: Finally a lighter story.
— Jessie (@mommajessiec) June 3, 2020
4. I mean, it truly is the type of year you wanna just straight up throw in the trash.
2020 is the bread ends of years
— Doug Bies (@dougbies) June 4, 2020
5. And all of us are suffering emotionally, and also in pretty much every other way you can imagine.
6. Seriously, this year owes us some damages, or asshole tax, or something.
If you haven’t been personally victimized by 2020 are you even literally anyone, anywhere?
— Maryfairyboberry🧚🏻♀️ (@maryfairybobrry) March 24, 2020
7. Yeah, that’s gonna be a no from me, dawg.
Me: *wakes up from a coma* What year is it?
Them: Still 2020.
Me: *slips back into a coma*
— Jessie (@mommajessiec) June 3, 2020
8. Unless you like getting fisted financially and emotionally with Tobasco as lube…
2020 is your new girlfriend, who definitely does not do that thing you like.
— Worst Cass Scenario (@WorstCassie) June 3, 2020
9. Literally everything we’re living through is a weeping pile of whatthefuckery.
Even in my darkest moments in 2016, I didn't picture myself in 2020 casually telling Matt that I'm making dinner from our pandemic rations because I forgot to get groceries before the police curfew.
— Ryan Thoreson (@ryanthoreson) June 3, 2020
10. Are you not entertained!?
Black Mirror really outdid themselves this time. Having us EXPERIENCE season 6 instead of watching it on Netflix? Remarkable really
— Krys. (@Krystiiiiina) June 1, 2020
11. PLEASE STOP, WE’VE SEEN ENOUGH!
2020 is the worst "but wait, there's more" year
— * (@jhingness) June 3, 2020
12. Oh Gawd, it’s the worst thing ever!
If 2020 was a web series, it would be the last season of Game of Thrones.
— karanbir singh (@karanbirtinna) June 4, 2020
13. Everything hurts.
Turns out having a headache is a symptom of 2020.
— Jessie (@mommajessiec) April 25, 2020
14. 2020 is like a bag of dicks that’s no dicks, just flaming turds, and the bag is your nice sofa.
Roses are red
Contagion is plenty
I’m drinking for breakfast
Because fuck 2020
— Maryfairyboberry🧚🏻♀️ (@maryfairybobrry) March 22, 2020
A guy at my office misspelled his OWN NAME in an email today, so that's how 2020 is going
— dammit, BLM! (@dadlifememes) June 4, 2020
Everyone raise your vibes in the hopes that the last half we’ll have a nice turnaround. Or don’t. Lord knows we’re busy enough out here just hanging on for dear life. Let’s just say we have some mid-level hopes that the third act won’t be so awful.
Now back to the murder hornets.