About a week ago, the Center for Disease Control updated their recommendations for fully vaccinated Americans, saying mask-wearing would no longer be necessary. Although this is being taken as good news for some, others have concern about what this will mean for the pandemic moving forward. Their recommendations state that 2 weeks after getting fully vaccinated, folks won’t need to wear masks, but the problematic issue is how to know whether unmasked people in the wild have truly been vaccinated or not, a valid concern for those worried about the continued spread of Covid-19.
Despite the fact that this might be unwelcome news for some, the internet responded as the internet does, giving birth to a new Tweet joke format that pokes fun of other random recommendations the CDC could make to make all our lives easier. Check them out here for a little laugh medicine!
17 Hilarious Tweets About What Else the CDC Recommends
1. Research shows that being nice to me protects you from these hands.
BREAKING NEWS: The CDC recommends being extra nice to me
— jon drake (@DrakeGatsby) April 12, 2021
2. The CDC understands coping strategies ARE wellness strategies.
The CDC recommends eating a half gallon on cookie dough ice cream every night
— Doug Bies (@dougbies) May 18, 2021
3. “We just want to keep you safe.”
The CDC recommends that you chew with your fucking mouth closed
— snarkandlemons (@snarkandlemons) May 18, 2021
4. This advice is 2 legit.
The CDC recommends that you check yourself before you wreck yourself
— Adam Cerious (@Browtweaten) May 22, 2020
5. Block and unfollow to flatten the swerve.
The CDC now recommends not responding to exes when they are back on their bullshit.
— The Michelle Dempsey (@MichelleDWrites) May 17, 2021
6. In other news, compliance has never been higher!
7. Health authorities just want you to have fun, bruh.
Even if you’re fully vaccinated the CDC recommends doing fist bumps instead of shaking hands because fist bumps are just rad as shit
— jon drake (@DrakeGatsby) April 11, 2021
8. It’s one of those ways we can help each other out, ya know?
BREAKING: The CDC now recommends you get out of the left lane when driving slowly.
— Chris Michaels (@WSLS_Michaels) May 16, 2021
9. A proper therapeutic treatment for the bitch blues.
The CDC recommends bringing me tacos.
— Moderately Mom (@moderately_mom) May 18, 2021
10. Keep ya distance!
Even after you’re fully vaccinated, the CDC still recommends that you mind your business
— GABRIEL (@gabrielzamora) May 16, 2021
11. This just in- Mother’s everywhere rejoice!
The CDC now recommends moms take a week long vacation alone with unlimited naps.
— Corey (@lifew_littles) May 17, 2021
12. They truly understand the pressure we’re under.
The CDC recommends responding “Ya! We should hang out” instead of making definitive plans for the next 6 months.
— Jared Freid (@jtrain56) May 17, 2021
13. Gimme dat stimmy, baby.
the cdc recommends the government send me another stimulus check
— multiverse of sadness (@cvnteastwood) May 14, 2021
14. …Instead of in the grocery shop spreading your particles of sadness all over strangers.
cdc now recommends crying into your pillow
— deluge (@deIuge) May 12, 2021
15. LET’S ALL HELP EACH OTHER OUT, OKAY.
Even if you’re fully vaccinated, the CDC recommends you still use your turn signal, it’s not there for no reason
— Juliana Nikac (@juliananikac) May 14, 2021
16. We all need to do our part.
17. Ok, ok, Let’s eradicate the spread.
This just in- The CDC also recommends you share this post so your friends can laugh too!
It’s really just in the collective best interest, ya know?