Parenthood changes us in ways we could never imagine. Although we all know that having kids can be transformative, the truth is that we end up exchanging very established parts of our selves for … whatever this all is.
Maybe you used to be a fashion maven, or a night owl. Now, you might be a haggard old bitch who’s awake at 5 am. Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!
Some of those changes are for the better, sure. But I think many of us have had that moment where we realize that the old us would be horrified to see what the new us is doing.
The truth is that it can seem like we trade in certain pieces of ourselves to turn into this new person. A person who wipes butts and cleans the house and who is always mere moments away from being completely overtaken by laundry. Although it’s a lot of sacrifice and change, it’s in exchange for the title of being MOM. And that’s pretty cool, too.
The following hilarious memes show just how much we sacrifice and exchange for our role as parents. It may not be pretty, but it sure can be funny.
1. We take care of ourselves for 9 whole months, my god
2. We sacrifice our perkiness
3. Seriously. Welcome to parenthood – your boobs are sad
4. You sacrifice your social life
5. And also, your sanity
6. You’re no longer put together
7. And cleanliness? Pffftttt – nope
8. You traded in late nights for “making plans for later”
9. Your organizational skills are far back in the rearview mirror
10. And your date nights are something else completely
11. You used to be cool, but now you’re just confused
12. And you traded all these things for rejection, basically
13. And as for fashion – think again
Let’s all take a moment to think of the things we gained and the things we lost!
Although we are changed forever, we (reluctantly) wouldn’t have it any other way. Motherhood is a wild ride and helps turn us into badass women with hearts of gold.
Make sure to share this shit with another mom who could use a laugh. Lord knows we are all in it together!