The Internet recently exploded into a dazzling burst of controversy with the news that apparently some younguns’ went on the Tiketty-Toks to disrespect their elders by calling us OLD and UNCOOL due to our side parts, skinny jeans, and laughy-cry-face emoji.
Apparently, according to these kids, parting your hair in the middle is THE WAY to look cool and put-together.
LIKE MARCIA FUCKING BRADY.
LIKE THOSE PICS OF YOUR MOM IN HIGH SCHOOL.
Anyways, the Internet responded as the internet does, which means that Millennials and older Xennials also hopped on the Tik Tok to defend themselves, leading to loads of hysterical memes and articles where we proudly proclaimed that the younger generation can have being cool, if we can keep our flattering clothes and hairstyles.
Your move, hoes.
Although we take issue with all of the things they’re attacking (laughingandcryingemoji forever), today we’re gonna specifically take issue with the side part thing, because, hello, HOW DARE YOU.
10 Hilarious Tweets About the Side Part Debacle
1. Apparently it’s not just the hair parts that are uncool it’s like, ALL of our faves *cries*.
2. Finally, we get some recognition for being as old as we feel.
3. Both generations in one home? How chaotic and bold.
Moms of teenage daughters: we’ve been standing up for our side parts and skinny jeans for over a year now.
Who’s trendy now, bitch?
— Julie Burton (@ksujulie) February 14, 2021
4. I mean as far as hair offenses go, our side parts are fairly benign. Let’s not forget the real enemy here.
With the amount of mullet owners I’ve seen still walking this earth, I am not in the least bit concerned that my side part is outdated.
— Tortured by Toddlers (@TorturedByTots) February 13, 2021
5. Look, for some of us these styles are functional as fuck. Leave us alone.
It’s not a side part, it’s a comb over, now leave me alone.
— Mary (@AnniemuMary) February 16, 2021
6. Leaving the house pre-this debate: *flip your hair and go*. Leaving the house now: *choose between looking decent or being cool*.
Sorry I was late, I couldn't figure out where to part my hair.
— Sweet Momissa (@sweetmomissa) February 13, 2021
7. Aww y’all like to feud? Well, we did MSN messenger gossip wars on Internet that sounded like a Roomba being tortured. DON’T FUCK WITH US.
Gen Z out here bullying millennials about our side parts and skinny jeans like we weren’t the ones who INVENTED cyber bullying in the first place.
You can’t hurt us, Brashlynn. WE’RE ALREADY DEAD INSIDE.
— Kendall Brown (@kendallybrown) February 14, 2021
8. Watch these kids lose it over the real faux pas we sported without a fucking care in the world, walking around the CD stores thinking we were hot shit, belly ring out, and just fucking SLATHERED in glitter.
Everyone is talking about side parts and middle parts, but what about zig zag parts? Should we bring those back too because I’ll do it
— Samantha Matt (@SamanthaMatt1) February 13, 2021
9. Ok we’re old, but we can legally order a night of regret without even thinking about it. Cheers, bitches!
You know what side parts and skinny jeans can do? They can go to the wine store. Goodbye.
— Women Who Love Wine (@wwlwine) February 16, 2021
10. I do love the kids these days, but sort your shit before coming for our favorite hairdo, damn.
Get Weekly Updates!
Sign up today for free and be the first to get notified of new posts just once per week.