A vital part of humanity is hope. Hope for the future and hope for mankind. Which is why we got a little (understandably) excited about the dawning of a new year. Perhaps as a chance to let go of the chaos of 2020 and nurture that hope for potentially better days ahead?
It’s almost as if we forgot that we just can’t have nice things.
Less than a week into 2021, we’ve seen yet another historical WTF moment when Trump supporters, freshly stoked to a frenzy thanks to their decomposing pumpkin turd overlord, stormed the Capitol because they were salty about the election results.
As terrifying as this is, people reacted as people do. Using humor and levity to cope, we ended up with a fresh batch of memes about 2021 even though WE ARE LITERALLY JUST ONE FUGGIN’ WEEK IN.
So curl up, take a break from doomscrolling, and check out what the Internet had to say about 2021 after a mere few days. Enjoy!
18 Hilarious Memes About How 2021 is Going So Far
1. Not to be too quick to judgement but it’s feeling a lil’ rough so far TBH.
2. I mean, it does be feeling like a bonus level of 2020.
3. Maybe some divine intervention is in order? Er… maybe not.
4. Life to all of us: “Cash me ousside how bou dah”.
5. 2021 came in with the grace of a hippo on meth in a blown glass boutique.
6. 2020 wants you to officially keep it’s “name out of your thin mouth”.
7. Wow it’s like one of these things is exactly like the other.
8. HERE’S THE SHREDDER, MAKE SURE AND NOT JAM IT WHEN YOU’RE STUFFING IT FULL OF ALL THAT OPTIMISM.
9. *Gives everything the side-eye*
10. How it’s going…
11. So much for those resolutions about not eating or drinking your feelings.
12. THIS HAS BIG EPISODE 9 ENERGY.
13. “wOw I DiD nOt sEE tHaT cOmiNg”
14. *Cries in democracy*
15. Better luck next time, motherfuckers.
16. Let’s all agree on this one thing, ok?
17. It’s not me, it’s definitely YOU.
Don’t worry fam, one of these years will eventually be OUR year.
Make sure and share this shit with your friends, to give them a little laugh break in between crying to the tune of the news!
Get Weekly Updates!
Sign up today for free and be the first to get notified of new posts just once per week.