If Mom Steps on One More Lego, She Swears to Freaking God


In the small town of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, resident Amanda Leadbetter didn’t realize her life would never be the same when she went downstairs to scold her children last Tuesday.

“I just wanted them to clean their room,” Amanda lamented while struggling to speak in her full body cast. “I told them to ‘Clean up this damn mess, before I throw it away!’”

What happened next would change Amanda’s life forever.

“I stepped on a Lego,” Amanda recalled. “The pain shot up my foot and I went into shock. It was excruciating. I remember falling to the floor, my children pointing and laughing.”

When her children finished laughing, they decided they should call 911. Using quick thinking, they found a YouTube tutorial on how to dial 911 and were able to complete the call.

Amanda was taken by ambulance to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead. However, after realizing she had too much shit to do and had no time to die, she quickly regained consciousness. That’s when she discovered that she had broken every bone in her body. Amanda is sharing her story in hopes it will shed a light on the Lego injury epidemic.

“If it can happen to me, it can happen to you,” Amanda reminded us.

If you think you may come in contact with any Legos on the floor, there are several measures you can take to prevent such a tragedy. Wear protective footwear, scan all floors before walking, use a vacuum multiple times a day, send children and pets to walk on floors first, and above all, never allow Lego toys in your home.

Amanda is facing months of rehabilitation, but with hard work and a little bit of luck, she is hopeful to be back to scolding her children soon.


About the Author

Melissa Sackett is a mom of three screen addicted girls, and wife to her high school sweetheart. Her hobbies include staring at dirty dishes, making memes and destroying blanket forts. Follow along at difficultmommy.comFacebook, and Instagram.