If you have kids and access to social media, chances are, you’ve heard about the college scandal involving 50 people, including Lori Loughlin, who played Aunt Becky on Full House and Desperate Housewives star Felicity Huffman, otherwise known as Lynette Scavo—the character who (ironically) “donated” $15k during one episode so her sons could attend an elite private school.
According to a recent update on CNN, those who took part in the scheme “that involved either cheating on standardized tests or bribing college coaches and school officials to accept students as college athletes, even if the student had never played that sport,” are now facing federal charges.
Meanwhile, those not involved—ordinary parents who bust their asses to pay for college while teaching their kids that integrity and hard work pays off—are losing their minds over this latest development. They are also having a field day posting “Shameless” memes on Instagram, using hashtag #FreeAuntBecky.
Here are 25 of our favorites to keep you grounded during this emotional time.
1. Orange is the new whaaa?
2. Your mom and I were thinking more like “vocational” school.
3. How COULD you, Aunt Becky?
5. The camera angle is all wrong, apparently.
6. Grab my checkbook, honey.
7. On this weeks episode…
8. Go team!
9. The moment you regret posting on Instagram.
10. Desperate times call for desperate housewives measures.
11. Oopsie doodle! 😳
12. Never assume.
13. It was a DONATION, Becky!
14. Thanks, mom.
15. Gone are the days.
16. Congratulations! 🥂🍾
17. Kids 🤷♀️
18. I heard Becky gets caught stealing soap in Season 1. #justarumor
19. If only…
20. If you ask Aunt Becky, Kimmy Gibbler was way ahead of her time.
22. Please tell me they’re playing Free Bird.
23. It didn’t take long for retailers to cash in.
24. OMG why isn’t it working?! 🤬
25. The irony burns.
Loving our meme roundups? Click here for more.