We are always looking for new voices to feature on the site. If you are interested in getting new eyes on your work, promoting your blog or social media outlets, or trying your hand at writing for an audience, please review the types of submissions we accept as well as the submission guidelines below.
SUBMISSIONS FOR POTENTIAL BONUS COMPENSATION: OPEN
These posts can be original or previously published on a writer’s blog or other website (as long as the writer has permission to republish elsewhere) and are republished here in full. These posts include an author bio with links to the writer’s blog and social media profiles. Writers are compensated via PayPal based on unique page views for a period of 30 days, according to the following scale:
*0-1999 unique page views = $0.00
*2000-3999 unique page views = $25.00
*4000+ unique page views = $50.00
Writers grant Sammiches and Psych Meds Non-Exclusive Rights to the piece, meaning that the post will live on the site but the piece can be republished elsewhere at any time.
MockMom is a funny little corner of Sammiches and Psych Meds devoted strictly to satire, and these submissions are also eligible for compensation according to the payment scale outlined above. We are always looking for 150-1000 word satirical submissions in the following categories:
- Pop Culture
- Health & Beauty
Anything written from a parenting perspective is fair game.
PLEASE NOTE: We provide links to writers’ personal blogs and social media profiles in an effort to help them grow readership and followers. We do not, however, run posts promoting a product or service and will not include promotional links in guest posts. To submit a sponsored post promoting a product or service, or to have one of our experienced writers craft one for publication on the site, please see our Advertising/PR details.
- The first step is to browse the site to see what kinds of posts get published and do well.
- Content that does the best on this site focuses on one or more of the following topics:
- Humor — This is a biggie. People come here for heartfelt pieces, of course, but they also love to laugh. If you’ve got a funny bone, showcase it. If not, don’t force it. There are other things people love about this site.
- Marriage and relationships
- Life — This includes style and entertainment (such as book and movie reviews) as well.
- Special needs parenting and children
- MockMom Submissions — Must be satire focusing on parenting-related issues. Think The Onion meets Reductress.
- Content should be between 500 and 1,000 words (150+ for MockMom submissions).
- Do not include images with submissions.
- Content must be thoroughly edited. The occasional typo or spelling issue is no big deal, but pieces with many grammar and mechanics issues will be kicked back for editing before being accepted.
Still interested? Please sign the freelance agreement and send us your submission via Submittable at the links below. Please also allow up to two weeks for submissions to be accepted or rejected. You can check the status of your submission at Submittable.