By Kristina Johnson of thatmommylady.com
Dear Loved Ones,
As you know, little Persymmon’s 1st Christmas is rapidly approaching. I’m sure you’re all busy trying to come up with the perfect gift, so I just wanted to take this time to tell you in advance how much we appreciate your generosity and also let you know that whatever you were planning on buying is probably wildly off base!
We thought we would save you the time and effort of trekking to places like toy stores (Ugh, so much plastic! All those chemicals!) with a handy list of the things that Persymmon really wants under the tree this year. Without further ado:
- Stuffed animals- cashmere preferred, alpaca acceptable
- Wooden cheeseboard playset (Note: not chessboard. We have a #littlefoodie on our hands!)
- Bernie Sanders action figure
- Anything Eames
- Smart phone (not Samsung!)
- Dollhouse (architecture must be modern: think Frank Lloyd Wright)
That should give you plenty of options, but if you feel like going off-list (strongly discouraged!) please keep a few things in mind:
- All products must be fair trade.
- Gift receipts required.
- Handmade gifts may work, but only if you don’t suck at crochet/knitting/painting, etc.
Kierstin and Phillip
P.S. Cash is also fine. Large bills preferred.
About the Author
Kristina Johnson is a new mom, writer, and TV producer living in New York City. She loves her daughter deeply but can admit that she wouldn’t mind if babies came with an off-switch. Her interests include books, Netflix, and coming up with snarky responses to people who ask when she’s having baby #2. She blogs regularly at thatmommylady.com.