They say that dogs are a man’s (and woman’s) best friend. And rightly so. They’re loyal, faithful, and always happy to see you. In short, they are the perfect partner. It’s no wonder dogs get all of our lovin’. And, according to a survey done by Riley’s Organics, dogs are the clear winners when it comes to kisses. Sorry, significant others.
Riley’s Organics, an organic dog treat company, surveyed dog owners across the country and found that 52 percent of those polled kiss their pooches more than their partners, and puppy parents everywhere are nodding their heads in agreement.[adsanity id=”35664″ align=”aligncenter”/]
I know what you significant others are thinking. There’s no way my partner kisses the dog more than me. Right? Sure, you COULD be one of the 48 percent that gets more kisses than the dog, but are you? Really? I mean, it’s possible. Especially if you, like me, have a dog that identifies as a cat.
The survey also revealed that not only do we smother our pooches in smooches, but we also prefer sharing a bed with them, too.[adsanity id=”35667″ align=”aligncenter”/]
Again, 52 percent of respondents said they prefer sleeping with their dogs over their partners. This supports a previous study done by researchers at Canisius College in Buffalo, New York. The internet survey, consisting of 962 American women, found women tend to sleep better next to dogs than they do next to another human or cats (sorry, cat people). Associate professor and lead researcher on the study, Christy Hoffman, concluded:
Compared with human bed partners, dogs who slept in the owner’s bed were perceived to disturb sleep less and were associated with stronger feelings of comfort and security. Conversely, cats who slept in their owner’s bed were reported to be equally as disruptive as human partners, and were associated with weaker feelings of comfort and security than both human and dog bed partners.
None of this comes as any surprise to Riley’s Organics. After all, 94% of their survey participants admitted that their doggies are their best friends and they would rather stay home with Fido than spend a night out with a human friend. Another fun fact? Dog owners also like to talk to their dogs over the phone:[adsanity id=”35665″ align=”aligncenter”/]
All of this to say, our doggos are the best and they deserve ALL THE KISSES. Still not convinced? Let’s take a moment to reflect on what makes dogs so special, shall we?
- Dogs love you unconditionally. Even if it’s your fault you left the bathroom door open and they were therefore forced to eat a roll of toilet paper. It’s okay. They forgive you.
- Dogs sit quietly with you when you are sad and lick away your tears with tongues that have licked, um, other things…
- Dogs are always happy to see you and greet you at the door. Unlike other family members, who may or may not care if you’re home after a long day.
- Dogs will go wherever you want them to go. Even to your mother’s.
- Dogs don’t hold grudges. Even when you leave the toilet seat down and they have to drink out of their water bowls instead of the toilet bowl.
- Dogs understand Netflix and Chill really just means Netflix and chill.
- Dogs don’t care when you put your cold feet on them in bed.
- Dogs don’t complain when you feed them the same meal three days in a row.
- A dog could save your life one day. They have been known to detect cancer, reduce stress, protect you from heart disease, decrease blood pressure, and prevent depression.
If you don’t own a dog, maybe you should. And if you do own a dog? Go show him some love. Your good boy (or girl) deserves it.
https://giphy.com/gifs/dog-cute-roll-over-jp2KXzsPtoKFG[adsanity id=”35666″ align=”aligncenter”/]