In November, we were blessed with Disney+, a streaming service with tons of Disney movies and T.V. shows to fill our lazy hours on the couch. One of the new original series on the service is The Mandalorian, a new Star Wars chapter that follows a bounty hunter named, well, the Mandalorian.
But fuck that guy. The character that has the internet abuzz is none other than Baby Yoda.
Because of where the Mandalorian falls in the Star Wars timeline, we know that this isn’t the Yoda we all came to know and love in the initial 3 movie installments of Star Wars. This little guy is smaller! Cuter! Just a baby!
Baby Yoda ended up stealing the hearts of watchers everywhere, but more importantly, became an iconic meme format to close off 2019. Seriously. Baby Yoda memes are EVERYWHERE.
And because the holidays are stressful and 2019 was a shitshow, we are SUPER here for it!
1. Ahhh… the magic of learning Dad’s secret dictionary of mad words
2. The excitement is palpable and never fades
3. I mean, these chick flicks ain’t gonna weep over themselves, amirite?
4. What we lack in vertical prowess, we make up for in tries
5. It’s like meditation, but way more stressful!
6. Don’t wake up, gotta get back to that dream where Jason Momoa and I are in a boat full of cupcakes
7. Wow, rude
8. I’M BAAAACCCKKK
9. Hey, wanna be best friends?!
10. There are fewer things in life more magical than this
11. Awww yeah, it’s GO TIME
12. Extreme “road trip with the hubby” vibes
14. The holiday anxiety struggle is real
15. Hey, let me just pull up a seat and watch, hmmm?
16. We WILL be noticed
17. Hey guys, not sure what happened
18. Damn, that’s relatable
What do you think of Baby Yoda?
Cute little cutie or dramatically overplayed? We’ll have to let time tell if this one will go the way of other popular meme formats such as “woman yelling at cat”.